Tsepe was born in the Eastern Cape in a small town called Mthatha. At the age of 11 his family relocated to Cape Town. His teen years were spent in Cape Town and as any young man would, his struggle to find what his true calling was until one day, a high school talent show had been put together. “I will never forget the day when I sang for the very first time to a public audience he said”. The crowd was simply awed by what came out of him. It had dawned on him that this was it, this was what he wanted to do for the rest of his life, and that was to sing.
Tsepe has now developed into a phenomenally talented vocalist. He has the sound of a pop icon and the soothing voice of a soul singer. Everybody young and old can relate to his youthful appeal and the mature tone of his voice. Tsepe is currently based in Nelspruit Mpumalanga, where he has established a reputation of being one of Mpumalanga's finest. He currently does live performances at events,corporate gigs, weddings and various other entertainment related work.
At 27, Tsepe feels ready to share his work with the world. Tsepe is currently working on his debut album with some of the most talented up and coming producers in the province. Tsepe has set out for 2012 to be his year. He has ambitiously set himself two goals before the end of 2012, to go platinum and to be nominated for a music award.
Some of the biggest highlights and achievements so far in his career are:
• 2005 Sung at the Southfield community talent show in Cape Town and won first prise.
• 2006 Performed at the Benoni City hall Johannesburg in the annual hip pop competition.
• 2009 Recorded a song with rapper sensation Hydro on own track called Give you what you want.
• Featured in Urban Reigns first music video
• Performed at Africa Water Week hosted by South Africa and had the opportunity to perform on the same stage as the Great Judith Sepuma.
• 2010 feature in a channel o commercial with well known model and actor Stevel Marc.
• Featured in Skomplazi’s music video
• 2010 Performed at Carisma lounge over the festive season
• 2011 Performed at Cappelos at the Capppelo Comedy Night opening for comedians Maanda Mungulwa and Trevor Gumbi.
• Performed at the Lowveld Talent show and came in second.
• Performed at Déjà vu at the Monday soul session.
• Performed at Sqalo court in Nkomazi Mpumalanga at the Sunday soul session.
• 2012 Performed at Miss Mpumalanga, Nelspruit 60s, Robert Gumede’s Gijima family day even
Tsepe’s biggest musical influences are Marvin Gaye, Eric Benet, Ne-yo, Maxwell, Bruno Mars, Justine Timberlake, Robin Thicke, Ryan Lesley, John Legend and Elvis Presley.Vocally gifted, trendy, creative singing sensation Tsepe is at the peak of his powers. New age and current definitely got the sound of a soul man but also of a pop Icon. The mix between sweet Rnb melody and the creative rhythms of modern day pop/hip pop will capture the hearts of both young and old. The stage is set for Tsepe, the sky is the limit.